Today’s Tip – Selling the profit; The First Four Years lasts a Lifetime –
In the first four years you need to make an impact on your audience. Keep in mind it takes, on average, ten years to make something happen. I, personally, believe it takes 1 full year of Networking, Marketing and Practicing, to become successful. Though, success doesn’t mean a millionaire. As it has been stated, it takes about 10,000 hours to perfect your craft and become an expert. That goes for your skill in Networking, Marketing and your ability to Practice your craft, and the two aforementioned needs. Do you see a pattern with all these damn numbers?
That’s right, it takes time. A whole lot time. But, time spent doing things incorrectly slow you down. In estimations, every moment you are doing it wrong, it takes about time and half to get back on track. That is why when practicing something it is wise to stop doing it if you are doing it wrong, and start over. Your mind, and body, will remember everything you do. Even if it is wrong, it will remember it that way. So don’t waste your first four years thinking you know what you are doing. If you are new to the game, it means you know nothing. And that is not a bad thing.
The good news is that there are people out there already successful, already making it happen. There are even people who teach this information to you. Most schools give you an idea, some outside companies flood your mind with all the necessary information you need for your field. There are marketing companies out there that do this very thing. So, how to do it is more important than doing it? They are both as important. You need to be doing, but you need to be doing it correctly. You have three choices.
1) Start researching the path successful people took (in your field and others) then create S.M.A.R.T. Goals to find your way there.
– This takes about 10 years and 10,000 hours to master.
2) Pay a person, or group of people, to help teach and guide you through your necessary needs to help you set goals, and why you are setting these goals.
– This can be expensive, as all schools and teaching methods are. The advantage, it cuts your 10 years down to 5 years, and you’d still need 10,00 hours to master it. Why is it cut down? Because someone is guiding you and showing you the right way. You are cutting out the fail time, search time, and the “I know what I am doing (but you really don’t) time.”.
3) Hire a firm to take care of all of the Networking and Marketing, while they teach you to practice all of the above.
– This cuts your time down to 1 year, with still needing 10,000 hours to master. Reason? They are doing it for you, and showing you the way, but mostly because they are handling everything with pinpoint accuracy. This cost a pretty penny, but worth every cent. These are known as PR Companies, Marketing Firms, and even Publicists.
Deadly Nights (Band)