A last bit of advice on your journey to making the most of your time. Well more like a final set of ideas to help you with your time management. More like bullet points with some funny quirky things attached to the ends of them. If you are looking for a worksheet, well I use a notebook. I thought a worksheet would be useful until I tried using it. Stick with notepad folks, it’s and true.
- The word “NO!” It’s one of the more important words you should have at your disposal. When people try to give you more to do then you can, say no. Do it politely and with empathy. It doesn’t make you a dreadful person. What will make you a black-hearted scourge of a person is saying yes and being unable to do the work. Stick with no. If no doesn’t work, then tell them to call us at B.B.R. 631-599-2263, we will explain it for you.
- See if you can identify someone in your circle of friends and ask them for advice. They always have some right. While you may not be able to use all of it, and some of it may not fit into your personality type, some will be very useful. If however, your friends are all crazy… don’t ask.
- E-mail, is a convenience, use it, don’t let it use you. I would suggest not putting it on your phone. It will be a constant interruption just as bad as text messages. Set aside time to answer emails a few times a day. If you don’t have email… well…, then don’t set aside any time for it. That would be just silly.
- Delegate what you can. If you are in a supervisory position teach the people around you to do it and then LET THEM. Correct as needed until they get it right. If they can’t do what you need them to do, then get new minions. Paying people to watch you kill yourself is like trying to treat ADHD with sugar.
- Read number Four again.
- Once you have your schedule, stick to it as close as you can. That’s why you made it. Make notes on what took longer or lesser time and adjust every day, week and month if need be. Don’t be afraid to change things, the longer you do this the more you will streamline it. Oh and schedules in general… make you creepy, just be aware.
- If you can finish something sooner then you planned then do it. Write it down so you remember it and can schedule it better in the future. Do this all the time, even when you are having private time. <that’s for my partner>
- Phone calls, text messages, Facebook these things are like time management Vampires. Turn them off when you have things to do. Pretty much all social media leaches your time away from you. Garlic and crosses don’t work. Try abstinence… wait that doesn’t work either…
- Make sure your time is yours. We all need time for ourselves do. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and you as well. What that means is, take the time to do things you like. Serial Killing is not a valid hobby, just so you know.
- Have fun, whenever and wherever you can. Work is hard, life is hard, enjoy it and you will be more productive. Remember it’s about focus. Hard to focus when you are exhausted.
- If you are looking for a worksheet… I ran out of time so Use a piece of paper and a pencil. Nothing needs to be more complicated than that. I use a notebook.
- Sleep is very important, don’t neglect this, don’t ignore this. The only reason you should be losing sleep is for sex. Yes I said sex, otherwise get your sleep.
See that I bet you thought there was going to only be ten of them. You got twelve instead, turned out I had some extra time.