A wonderful representation of a Press Release.
• A press release
I have written a few Press Releases in my time. Which poses the questions; How does one write a Press Release AND how many people have written one for their careers in entertainment? First, the rules of a Press Release (Networking / Marketing).
• Capture the 5 W’s in your opening paragraph; Who, What, Where, When, and Why of your story.
• Use clear, simple sentences throughout; To the point, and easy to understand.
• Include quotes to enliven the text.
• Be brief; Not wear briefs. Okay you should wear briefs. I mean, keep your release to a single page.
• Use a closing paragraph; Wrap up the message.
• Always include contact information; This info helps for possible follow-ups.
• Photos; Whenever possible, since photos increase usability.
• Reread, reread, and then revise; Leave no extraneous…
View original post 338 more words