When in doubt, remember these 5 wonderfully helpful tips to Marketing Correctly. Keep in mind, marketing is not about what you are selling. It is about selling a relationship with your audience and the Brand.
1. If you do not like something then most likely others will not like it either: How often do you find yourself not liking a post on Facebook of someone asking you to come to a show? Or, do you think the “buy this now” phrase is a tad much!? Truth is, if you don’t like how you are being marketed to, than most likely others don’t like that method either. So why market the same way?
2. Simple means easy to remember: Keep marketing to the point. No need to add every single detail on an advertizement. The important stuff is the easy stuff. Name, Slogan, Brand, Item, Website. Anything outside of those things is glutinous. A person might want to publicizes they designed the poster themselves, or create the item, maybe even booked the event. Too much is too much.
3. Keep your emotions out of it: Of course you love the design of the idea! You came up with it. Have others look into your marketing ideas, designs, and campaigns. A third party, or parties, opinions can help direct an emotional mind. Listen to, and write down, everything these people say. Not everything is going to be valid, but it is all valuable. You created it, now let others guide you.
4. Lay it down throw it out; A hand full of Business Cards, Post Cards, or even little 4×6 fliers are useless if left in one place. Be personable and hand it out in conversation. Yes, it takes longer, but the time placed into people builds the relationship interest. It is not always about how many people you can hand something to, but how many people you can get to remember a “friend” gave it to them.
5. Long Term Marketing: Dating advertisements is a rich man’s game. Why? Because in the scheme of all that is marketing, you have to place a lot of money into reintroducing new ideas to audience members when you change the date / information. For practical lower budget marketing strategies, keep to marketing the Brand. Your website is the See me, Hear me, Touch me, Taste me and Buy me!
PS… Can you find the monkey?
Call our office : 631.599.2263
Or Email : Main@BBRProductions.com
Visit our website : BBR Productions Inc