There are many tips a Comedian could utilize. Which top five tips would be most helpful for being a Comedian. First, are we talking about being A Comedian, or having a Career as a Comedian? These are five tips for ANY Comedian. Common “helpful tips” are; Get on stage as much as possible, write everyday, and do open mics! What if there were other tips for Comedians?
1) Network, Market, Practice : This is a people’s game. Success is about other people. Venue owners liking you, bookers, other comedians. This is a people’s game. Build and cultivate relationships while taking a brand to build awareness to create interested, which generates sales. All the while Practice!
2) Foundation : Figure out what your monthly budget is. Save eighteen months of that monthly budget. Once this amount is in a bank account, stop working a day job and concentrate on working your career job. This foundation will always a person to work hard at their craft for 365 days.
3) Now is better than later : Reach out to people now. Build these relationships before you are funny. Get a website before you become a successful comedian. Have business cards on you at all times. These acts are about friendships, not about telling people you are a comedian. Make friends.
4) Face time : Be seen in the scene. Get out there and hangout with other comedians. More importantly, hangout at clubs for owners to see you. Most importantly, do your research and figure out what events are going on and get out there to be at them. Mingle, and do this to make FRIENDS!
5) Have fun : If you are not having fun. Stop. Breathe, and figure out what you want to do with your life. If you are not happy, then you’ll never be happy. You have to be happy doing the grind. It’s the hard work, business of comedy, and the ability to be rejected which is the life of Being A Comedian.
PS… Can you find the monkey?
Call our office : 631.599.2263
Or Email : AskMe@BBRProductions.com
Visit our website : BBR Productions Inc